Monday, January 11, 2016
Plans for the Week #38
Quote of the day:
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition. -Martha Washington
We all strive for change, in different ways and sometimes the power that drives us wanes over time only to pick up again. Indeed the new year is such a time for lofty goals and new habits. In the end if one must succeed, great effort and and constant supply of will power is needed for sustenance.
The amount of things to do is limitless. However, one must chose wisely so as not to become overwhelmed. Keeping things easy and simple is always ideal. I am going into the new week with the following set of goals.
1. Go to bed by 11pm, and rise at 6am, giving me an extra hour to meditate, prepare breakfast and even do some reading.
2. Workout after rising, four times during the week. I started this in the previous week, and it gave me a boost of energy and clarity of thoughts during the day.
3. Devour at least one new book. I have a reading list for the month and i am on my second book.
4. Carry out some maintenance and editing on this blog.
5. Declutter things including my wardrobe and working space.
6. Spend less time on irrelevant things like idleness, gossip and unhealthy thoughts.
7. Create achievable future goals and keep dreaming big.
Have you made your plans yet? Create a challenge for yourself. You can make things easier if you visualise what needs to be done, and then set about ways of doing it. My warm wishes to you in this third week of January.
Current Listen: Wake Owl -Gold