Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Plans For The Week #39
Quote of the day:
When you have learned compassion for yourself, compassion for others is automatic. -Henepola Gunaratana
Generosity and compassion seem to me to more instilled in people's consciousness these days. We may understand this better when we are touched by the outstanding stories and efforts of others, in caring, in volunteering, their resources and time. We may even be touched by the mere fact that our past pains and sufferings mirror that of someone in need. In fact, you may not need to look too far, as you may be part of the selfless group of individuals doing their little bit to make the world a better place. Wouldn't it be nice to feel that we are all better, and living in a better world, due to our collective effort. One in which money and power mean a lot less, than generosity and compassion.
I hope you will agree that our society needs a lot more compassion. And with that in mind, I am going into the new week with the following goals.
1. Rise early. Ideally before the sun comes up. A great time to think, workout, and even do some slight reading before the burdens of the day creeps up.
2. Show More Interest. I hope to keep an eye on my nutrition, and well being. I also plan to show more genuine interest in others.
3. Read. What's a week without reading? I'll choose from my reading collection a book or more that suits my needs.
4. Fitness. I hope to spend at least 30 minutes every other day exercising.
5. Projects. Work on completing personal projects and reports.
6. Feed. I hope to occupy my mind with clean, positive and great thoughts.
7. Dream. I will focus on a single dream, and eat, sleep, wake up to it.
Have you made your weekly plans yet? What would you like to achieve? Show compassion and generosity as well as kindness to everyone, as you go about fulfilling your goals. My warm wishes to you in this fourth week of January.
Current Listen: Sam Smith -Stay With Me