Choose To Grow or Remain As You Are


Quote of the day: 

The writer operates at a peculiar crossroads where time and place and eternity somehow meet. His problem is to find that location. -Flannery O'Connor




image: DeviantArt/Siliguri

You have arrived at a crossroad and must now choose what direction to take. What will you do?

The build up to this important moment does not matter, the effort and sacrifices made so far takes a back seat, the acquaintances made along the way have no effect on how your final decision plays out, because that is life. We can learn from experiences and events that helped us along the way. After all is said and done, we are left alone with our thoughts being the only thing to keep us company. Our fears are our fears, our desires are our desires, and so on.

But what is fear if not an emotional response to things real and unreal, and what is desire if not a fire that can be extinguished at will. The whole universe is alive with your ideas and the stars delight in gazing down on you. But we cease to exist when we stop living for a purpose.

Evolve or perish. Grow or remain as you are.

We never seem to run out of crossroads and of diverging paths. The point is not to linger to long, but to be decisive, to take inspiration from the journeys through life, and not to be afraid to fail, and to reveal our shortcomings.

My plans for the week remain unchanged from the previous week.
Have you made yours yet? Be the best in the new week filled with direction and more.



Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Sade Adu -Paradise 



Post a Comment

22 Comments

  1. Sometimes picking a path is easy and sometimes it is hard. It all depends on what is going on in our lives. My plan this week is to try to appreciate the little things and spend more time doing things I enjoy. :) Happy week to you!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally inspirational and beautifully written!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an encouraging post, thank you, my friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this. I've just had to make a very important decision about my life and your words have reassured me that I did the right thing. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crossroads analogy is very similar to the way I feel about doors and doorways. I have posted about that here. It is an endlessy fascinating subject, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Wise insights!
    Wishing a good new week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful blog.
    Hope you too have a good new week,Blogoratti.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How true... When life loses its purposes, we indeed stop living... lovely quote as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Decisions decisions decisions!

    I think decisive people are the coolest people ever! I wish I was more decisive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Decisions decisions decisions!

    I think decisive people are the coolest people ever! I wish I was more decisive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to pick one and stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another wonderfully inspirational post!
    Yes, decisions arouse such fear in most of us. Perhaps it is an innate fear of failure - what if the decision we finally make proves to be the wrong one?
    So, we avoid taking action...and stagnate.
    I guess, then, it has to be better to take the risk and reach for our dreams.:)
    My goal for the week...is to take more time to slow down and learn to be mindful.
    Here's hoping you achieve your goals.

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Blogoratti - sticking to our path, once decided, is the best way - we shouldn't chop and change too often. I'm usually pretty decisive. This past weekend I went up to Stratford, back down to Oxford, Stratford and then Birmingham the next day ... seeing friends .. but I used to go through Long Buckby on occasions when I lived in that area ...

    Cheers and this week I need to get ahead .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. May calendar is not quite so full as last week, but now I have an assignment of scanning pictures into the computer, so that should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, there are times in our life when we are at a crossroads, and decisions need to be made.Make that decision and move forward with confidence.

    Hope this new week goes well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is filled with choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each day I ask God to help me make the right decisions. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like you are speaking directly to me. We have selected a fork in the road that we thought we wouldn't take till much later in life. Now it feels just right so here we go down a new path.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How much times...every day we must choose a good direction

    kisses
    mundodecaty blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm usually pretty good at choosing the right direction. I've reached a crossroads in my writing this week (today!) though, and I'm not sure at all. It's time to unfold the picnic blanket and take a seat, to see what drives past!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your lovely comment on ~ My little old world ~ I appreciate so much, following you with joy ❥ !
    Enjoy your weekend
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti