Art | 'Everything by my Side' Installation along the Thames, By Argentinian Artist Fernando Rubio


Quote of the day: 
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. 
-Edgar Allan Poe


Over the weekend I caught this display by Argentinian artist, Fernando Rubio along the banks of the River Thames, in collaboration with LIFT festival. Titled 'Everything by my Side', it involves beds, actors and stories and is said to be a dreamlike installation from Rubio -who is a playwright, actor writer and visual artist.


Fernando Rubio at Southbank
Fernando Rubio's 'Everything by my side' puts an actress and one member of the public in each of seven beds along the banks of the River Thames


On the website it says: 'For 15 intimate minutes, this ‘dreamy piece of pillow-talk’ (NY Times) invites you to take off your shoes, lie down and listen to a long lost childhood memory whispered to you from across the covers – a deeply personal encounter in the middle of a busy festival.'

According to Rubio, with the installation, each 15-minute performance calls for the audience to 'respond with silence and an open mind to the challenging ideas and forms being used'.

LIFT works to build stronger relationships with artists from all over the world and the LIFT festival is a biennial event from June 1 to July 1, with work happening all over the city from the Barbican to historic music hall. With LIFT its all about bringing global stories to London, something they've done for over 35 years presenting various shows and events while partnering with the city's major arts venues, theatres and galleries, as well as numerous hidden spaces and areas across the city.



Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: James Bay -Scars



Post a Comment

25 Comments

  1. I love the whole idea of putting the beds along the river bank, such a creative post!
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this installation is so unusual - though interesting! I can imagine an open mind is certainly needed to fully appreciate the concept. I love your chosen opening quote, by the way :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Blogoratti...this is sooo interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very inspired performance and I wish I could see it, if not participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely piece of art

    www.jbshares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating! I wish I lived closer so I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun happening! I so miss not living in London any more. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Blogoratti - so interesting to read about - not quite sure I get it ... but as I'm not in London I won't be able to experience more ... fascinating - thanks for telling us - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would not mind sleeping by the river banks how relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that is indeed different. i love the sounds of water, or waves when i sleep. we have a great nights sleep when in SC 'cause it is at the beach. so amazing! neat-O! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  11. London is such a wonderful city, among my favourite, with so much to explore! This exhibit sounds unusual but fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting . It's ok even if I don't have a bed . I can sleep on the floor for sometime :) lovely picture tooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this very unique and interesting art installation!
    Great quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a neat idea indeed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really unusual art installation. And the good weather in London.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the heads up, will try and check it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this sounds cool and different - I like the idea of having a story section with each performance. Thanks for the kind comments on my last post as well! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Poe quote.
    Have a pleasant day, good Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Postagem ótima
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  21. This seems interesting even though I am not one for this type of art. It would be something to see while walking along the Thames

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder if they can order breakfast in bed? Very unusual photo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, this is certainly different ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti