3 Things to Inspire Your Weekend: #58


Quote of the day: 

Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world. -Ramana Maharshi



Credit: Fortune

The world's second most richest individual, and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett has given away a huge chunk of his wealth -totaling $28 Billion to charities over the last decade. He made a personal pledge to make annual gifts of stocks to some foundations and his shares given to philanthropy throughout his lifetime and beyond. More recently the Billionaire has donated yet another $3 Billion worth of shares in his Berkshire Hathaway company. The five lucky foundations receiving his donation include: the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, Sherwood Foundation, Howard G. Buffett Foundation and the NoVo Foundation.



Credit: twitter/c_chambon

Thanks to an initiative by a student from the UK's prestigious Imperial College, Clementine Chambon, an Indian village is now connected to power. Chambon, a final year PhD student has helped to connect homes with a small 8kWh solar energy grid and providing 1,000 people with energy for affordable lighting, and fans to cool their homes, through her social enterprise start-up -Oorja. According to her "The renewable energy generated will also power pumps to provide irrigation services to farmers".



As seen on Arch Daily, PI House
Architects: Gaztelu Jerez Arquitectos

Brief: Simple construction to mirror the surrounding environment.

Theme: Central patio with links, natural air circulation, whitewashed façades, Campaspero limestone wainscots and reddish tile roofs.
Location: Burgos, Spain




Peace. Love. Light* 


 Current Listen: Miles Davis -Boplicity

Post a Comment

37 Comments

  1. Mr. Warren Buffett is really an amazing human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring and interesting post!
    Loved especially the 1st quote! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quote by Warren Buffet on my desk where I take care of my Ebay listings that reads, "If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die." I just love it when I open my computer in the morning and I've sold something while I slept. At age 19 I worked at a Berkshire Hathaway Fabrics Warehouse in Massachusetts. Unfortunately, I was too naive to realize how finances worked to heed his words of wisdom. Glad I learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring stories. Love the second especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having studied design long ago in another lifetime, I always enjoy the buildings you share from Arch Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffett has really done some wonderful things with his money

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uplifting to know there are some very good and kind people in the world. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was feeling very down about the state of the world. Your post is a ray of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your "feel good" posts. We all need uplifting news in our lives.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buffett has given away enough money to drop to number four on the list of the world's wealthiest people. That's an excellent goal. In addition to the Gates Foundation, the other foundations are named for Buffett's late wife and the other three were set up and are administered by their three children. Giving runs in the family.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do admire the way Mr. Buffett has handled his fortune. The second story is truly inspiring and how wonderful to help those people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to hear the good that is being around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your posts about people doing good with their money or time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems to me simple can often be best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Indian village being hooked up with solar power, that is a good deal for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These were inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...Buffet is a wise man, he knows that he can't take it with him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a big fan of Warren Buffet. He is much more generous than most people I know about. And the young Ph.D. candidate has truly completed a remarkable project. I suspect she will graduate with honors. Great way to start the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is not inspring to me. The Self-Realization work destroyed me. But noone talks about the dangers that can come when you open your mind to higher energies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is ewally inspiring. Enjoy the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My word, imaging having so much money you can give billions away!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the house. It looks very low maintenance. I like that.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  24. Particularly like your second story.

    Enjoy your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. You promised three things to inspire my weekend and you delivered!!
    Thank you so much for this wonderful post, and enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to have Mr Buffet as my next door neighbour, he seems like a very nice man.
    And I like the house.... just right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the house, reminds me a bit of one I lived in as a kid in the tropics. Built for air circulation before air conditioning. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing the fact that world still bears such great men who though are rich but still think for the whom who have nothing or very less as compare to them.
    beautiful post my friend.
    Uplifting indeed

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another fantastic and thought-provoking choice of quote!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it when you hear about the mega rich spreading their wealth, I would do the same :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  31. So wonderful to read this B, thank heavens for people like Mr Buffett and the many more like him ✨

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful news about what the Ph.D. student did. Helping others is such a sweet thing to do.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  33. neat architecture. so cool!! happy Wednesday! ( ;

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti