Friday, October 16, 2015
11 Things We Take For Granted All The Time
Quote of the day:
Even the most beautiful of the stars are taken for granted night after night.
There's no end to the things we take for granted in life. We live carefree, get irritated easily, and on top of that, expect everything to always work. Struggle becomes extinct, appreciation takes flight like birds migrating, and the little things don't matter any longer. Thus familiarity breeds forgetfulness and indifference. Life would be more meaningful if we at least paid more attention to those things that we take for granted.
But the little things, I've come to realise matter the most. I present to you some of those 11 things that we take for granted. And there's a lot more where that came from...
1. Clean water and healthy nutritious meals -We waste a lot.
2. Having a roof over our head and living in comfort. -A warm bed is everything.
3. Sunshine, moon and the stars, clean air, rainfall, trees.
4. No natural disasters.
5. Great health, and working bodily functions.
6. Books to read, and places of interest to visit.
7. Time. -The one thing we take for granted the most.
8. A beautiful mind with endless possibilities.
9. Technology -Imagine if it stops working.
10. A great source of income.
11. Friendship, family, and love.
Gratitude can be rewarding. There are a variety of things to be grateful for on a daily basis -taking a pace back and acknowledging those things is the first step.
Peace & Love always*
Current Listen: Ron Carter -The Shadow of Your Smile