Poem: Favour



Quote of the day:
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? 
-Zhuangzi




The barely audible sound of rain against my window pane is the only pointer to any form of activity outside. And then the winds came howling, disturbing any sense of balance and the silence of things. Windows once shut against the outside world, against nature...reduced to a fearful illustration.

A part of me longed to break out into the unfolding melee...
Playing out between the storm and clouds.

What comes next?

Would they fight it out till the end?

Or maybe love would prevail as it never fails.

Cause and effect.

Leaves plummet to the ground making trees emotional. Light bulbs get turned on thereby forcing concepts into the brain. Vending machines eat coins and birth liquid dreams. The earth spins and related planets collide. Trains overcrowded with striking souls. Cause and effect.

Over and over...
An eye for another eye.
An action for an action.
An echo in the darkness, and silence favoring the light.



Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Oh Wonder -All We Do




Post a Comment

32 Comments

  1. Hi Blogoratti - cause and effect through storms ... sitting on the English Channel and waiting for the storms to roll in (which I'm not looking forward to ... as the building leaks!) ... I appreciate your cause and effect idea. Thankfully it will pass and we can have poems of light greens, bulbs appearing and a change in winter's fortune to spring forward.

    Thanks for this - interesting and appropriate for me .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words resonate with me, and at the same time challenge me to look deeper and question my own comfortable assumptions. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause and effect - in all areas of our lives. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaautiful clouds way up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful question by Zhuangzi.

    you paint and interesting world with your worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Literally enjoyed this post))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written dear, a true pleasure to read! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely quote - somehow it seems simultaneously beautiful and yet dark.

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the quote you used at the start of your post ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quote at the start of the post!

    What an excellent post! Beautifully written. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. What am I thinking right now? I am thinking the world needs more peace, light and love always...it starts in the heart...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful poem!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quote and the poem. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know about love never failing. A man was nailed to a cross.

    ReplyDelete
  16. butterfly man
    to dreams above the clamor
    each day's flight
    _m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice quote.
    Beautiful. I enjoyed reading it.
    Greetings Ratti!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a certain calmness in this post. Love the message you spread.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful words, you can really bring them to life. Well done <3

    I would love your constructive criticism on some of my stuff. My site is www.brittanyjackson.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful poetry. I imagine you're indoors looking out and noting activities out in the rain. An eye for an eye. Action for action seems to be what I've been into lately.

    Inez | My Small World

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful poetry. I imagine you're indoors looking out and noting activities out in the rain. An eye for an eye. Action for action seems to be what I've been into lately. I hope that love prevails....irrevocable damage has been done. Bottled up angst has spilled over month after month and every splash of rain seem to trigger a new defense. Irrevocable damage meant to hurt an eye for an eye, only maybe it's hurt eyes for an eye.

    Inez | My Small World

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope that you are well, good Sir...
    ... and Hello from Marshville....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post!

    You have a nice blog!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know on my blog with a comment! ;oD

    Have a great day!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cause and effect is right. Thank you for this opportunity to reflect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti