Drinking and Dry January

Quote of the day: 

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. 

Be led by the dreams in your heart.  -Roy T. Bennett




Started the year with a promise to myself to take a break from alcoholic drinks and beverages. 31 days alcohol-free or the dry January movement -a campaign by Alcohol Change UK where people sign up to abstain from alcohol for the month of January (2023 marks their 10th year anniversary). Apparently, the term 'Dry January' is also a registered trademark. 

There are two things in life I can live without indulging in -coffee and alcohol. So this sobriety period was a breeze, not to mention the health benefits and cost savings too. Improved energy levels and better mental health are just a few short-term benefits of stopping drinking. According to DrinkAwareUK, stopping entirely has some long-term health benefits such as lowering the risk of liver disease, heart disease and so on. I understand it's not so easy for many out there to have control over their alcohol intake. There are support services for people with alcohol addiction such as Alcoholics Anonymous

It's wonderful to have support for our various life issues.

Happy February.



 Current Listen:

Lil Yachty -Reach the Sunshine


Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Good for you.I’m inspired , after my trip to ABBA NEXT WEEKIM HAVING A DRY feb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que belo foco esse e tomara consigas mais e mais ficar longe do café e bebidas. Boa sorte! abraços, ótimo FEVEREIRO! chica

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I like Roy T. Bennett's saying, haven't had a drink in 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the idea of a dry January, but I took one day off (Robert Burn's birthday). But I went well over a month dry as I didn't drinking anything after testing positive for COVID on December 21st until January 26.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!
    Guess that is you a great drinker this wasn't east but its a great chance to improve an healtier lifestyle, isn't it?
    Keep on going like this!
    Beautiful photo!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my site! Dry has so many meanings, but when it relates to sobriety, it has a more profound meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these types of months to give up drink (or sugar) are proving popular ...

    I wish you a happy February.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have given up everything, but for a glass of red wine on the weekend. My one treat. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti