Thoughts on Tea and Life


Quote of the day: 

Tea does our fancy aid, Repress those vapours which the head invade, And keeps that palace of the soul serene. -Edmund Waller 




The steam from the kettle rose up quickly or to be more accurate -rushed out like an army charging through enemy lines, leaving behind dampness in it's wake. For some unknown reason an image of a whistling kettle flashes through my mind. I wonder if those are still is use. You put the kettle on and it whistles out loud once the water boils on the stove. There's nothing fancy about these modern kettles, plugged into a wall living off electricity like ivy clinging on to a building for dear life -an unfair comparison but that's all I've got.

What's a good tea without hot or boiling water. That is not to say I have anything against cold tea. On a hot summer day perhaps it may be so. Iced tea or a cold brew to quench the thirst and cool the mind. But on a cold winter day the hotter the tea the better. Fruit tea, herbal tea, tea bags, loose tea, instant tea, whatever the choice tea will always be tea.

One cannot speak about tea without a mention of its origin -China, before it became widespread. A dynasty of tea drinkers who no doubt prepared it meticulously. There is a sense of ritual to making proper tea. It shouldn't be rushed or thoughtless. It should be planned and calculated where every process has its purpose.

From cold water that changes form to grow into hot boiling water -its very purpose, is there to see clear as day. Thermodynamics aside, your ability to instigate such a change should not be overlooked. And the end result? A battle dance of victory as the kettle reaches the point of no return -clouds of white smoke released like a steam train on a journey.

Life is actually like a cup of tea.

It usually boils (err pun intended) down to how you make it.



Peace. Love. Light* 




Current Listen: Tracy Chapman -Give Me One Reason

Post a Comment

31 Comments

  1. So true, B. Black, no sugar, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good cup of tea, no matter if it is herbal or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kind of tea you drink says a lot about who you are. There's nothing better than a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a tea drinker and can remember the time when the teapot stayed on the side of the fireplace (rare to see one these days).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can still find those tea kettles that you put on the stove. My mother had one, and she got it less than 10 years ago. It makes that whistle when the water is boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure the reason I rarely drink tea is because I'm too impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea, my favorite drink of all time, I prefer it hot, a little bitter with no sugar added...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea is always better with company. As it's not so much the tea, but the conversation and sharing. When I have company, I put a kettle on the stove to boil the water. The kettle does not whistle. I'm the only one in the household that drinks tea, so I just nuke the water in the microwave. Don't judge me. =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I enjoy a cuppa of hot tea and my whistle blowing tea kettle. Love the quote! Life is however you make it. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a lot of people drink coffee first thing in the morning but I'm more of a hot tea person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post my dear,traditional brew of high-quality tea is much better then tea bags ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can sure all come back to how you want to boil life indeed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreed, there is nothing better on a cold day. Well, maybe apple-mulled wine with cinnamon on the Christmas Market.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gotten away from tea drinking because of the caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute post, love the pun at the end :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. now you are talking, I love Tracy's music. wish she would bring out more tunes soon. <3 I love tea. I have often heard tale that British folks don't like American tea ... I have often wanted to try their tea to see if ours is truly weak?? then we when we were visiting Canada I was told that we make weak beer compared to them. I had no idea. I learn a lot on our travels. have a great day. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks really interesting) Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post, I just had a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! Yes, tea is like life.....we all have our own tastes.
    Either very hot or very cold, no luke warm.....yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely observations. I use to drink tea daily, but now usually have coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice pun lol...I do love hot tea on winter days. Even summer mornings. I start my day with a chamomile tea and usually end it with a fennel tea. I'm more into the herbals than the caffeinated versions, but one of my goals is to drink more tea because of all its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember those whistling tea kettles! Makes me want to see if there are any still on the market. And there is nothing like hot tea on a frigid winter's day, or if one is suffering with a cold.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do like a cup of tea. I only like it hot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So true - about life and tea! Great shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Live without tea would be so boring! I love those special moments... have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never gotten the habit of tea, good when I'm sick. Being from Texas, I like iced tea....and usually prefer coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! I love tea when I am sick and do enjoy it at other times of the year. I really love coffee and iced tea. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tea and me just go together! LOL!

    What a great post.
    Loved the read ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm boiling water as I write this. How did you know?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti