Quote of the day:
Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth. -Rumi


If you are reading this post, then you have probably picked up some life lessons along the way. I profess that while growing up I adhered to a lot less lessons than I should have. But would I go back to change anything, to make things right? Would you? Wisdom cannot be taught, true wisdom that is -can only be acquired through experience.

Here are 5 things I've learned about life.

1. Perspective Is Everything. 
Our perception about life may very well be changed - by simply taking a step back to breathe, to look at things differently. Perspective is everything. There will always be different angles to everything in life.

2. Change is Inevitable
I am yet to meet anyone who has remain unchanged for the past decade. Either physically, mentally, socially or other. It is inevitable, and it can be said that positive change is indeed growth. A change in diet, location, relationship, behaviour, and attitude -it doesn't really matter what, but its the idea that perhaps change is always difficult to achieve. Indeed it is, but at some point it will become inevitable.

3. Letting Go of the Past
At some point in life I found it hard to forgive easily, to let go. I had no room left in my heart -it was full of pain. But subsequently I learned to let go, to forgive, to think of my own happiness...and slowly my heart made more room for kindness and love to co-exist.
Sometimes its just not worth the trouble -of holding on to past feelings and emotions.

4. You Can't Please Everyone, But You Can Please Yourself
No matter what you do, or who you are, you just can't please everyone. People will love you to your face and dislike you behind your back. But stay strong to yourself. Be confident, be special, and know your worth. You don't have to please everyone, at your own expense.

5. Life Is What You Make It
Almost self explanatory. The universe and the stars will align for any individual who knows the path he or she wants to take, who sets forth in motion to the goal, and who draws upon the help of mentors to achieve their aim.
Whatever you want to be in life, you have to make it happen. It all starts within.



Peace & Serenity always.

Current Listen: Joss Stone -The Answer