Why Getting Back to Reading Books Is Good

Quote of the day: 

So many books, so little time.”  ― Frank Zappa



Reading is one good way of surviving through the gray and cold winter months. It's one thing I really need to get back into. I've been slacking in that area. Of course winter comes with all sorts of emotions, but one thing is for sure, getting a warm drink and staying under the covers with a book is magical. One thing about the cold winter months is the lack of sunlight. Spending more time indoors just because it's either too cold to go out or the gray skies just don't seem inviting enough to venture out. 

So for the past few weeks I've slowly started getting into reading again, and also listening to podcasts (please send me recommendations!). I'll share with you below the book I'm reading at the moment and the podcast I'm listening to. Enjoy. 


Book of the Month

Here is an author that I'm more than familiar with, having read a few of his books in the past and also built up a little collection of his works. Few chapters in and it's proving to be a good read. 

Book: Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami.


Blurb: 

In Killing Commendatore, a thirty-something portrait painter in Tokyo is abandoned by his wife and finds himself holed up in the mountain home of a famous artist. When he discovers a strange painting in the attic, he unintentionally opens a circle of mysterious circumstances.


Podcast of the Month


Getting into the podcast mood for the month, starting out with a health focused one by Dr. Charterjee called Feel Better, Live More. Check it out on all platforms. You can start from the very first episode or just pick and choose from the long list of episode topics. 

You can't go wrong with books and podcasts. Happy reading and listening!


Current Listen:

drei,jazz -Mind Your Wishes

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. Hello,
    I do enjoy reading. The Frank Zappa quote is right on, there are so many books and so little time. Best wishes for the New Year! Happy Sunday, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, a good time to start those reading goals. Don't forget the library, too. Thanks for the post. Thanks for your comment too! Happy reading❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the podcast recommend! All the best to a wonderful January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book you mention sounds like a great read. I read a lot and always enjoy it. A good book is always a nice companion to have. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful new year and week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back posting. My first post of the year was my reading list from 2022--53 books, which is about the same number that I've read the last few years--mostly non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading is so enjoyable, I always have a book within reach.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book does seem interesting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also read a lot of Murakami, including Killing Commendatore, which I quite enjoyed although it was far too long. Have editors decided that now Murakami is so successful they daren't suggest any rewrites or shortening? My favourites would probably be Norwegian Wood and Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing a lot of reading the last few weeks and plan to enjoy it even more in January and February. Great way to spend winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a lot. I think everyone should read a few books a year but I know some people who don't read any and they are really missing out on some great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I typically read 1-2 books per week and have been challenged by bloggers and others to talk a bit about them in 2023, We'll see how I get on since I've never been a fan of "Book Reports" as we did them at school. I love the Zappa quote. Happy new year to you and thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoy Murakami's work, but that's a new one for me. I'll need to check it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti