The Wolf & The Lion


Quote of the day: 
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits. -William Hazlitt 



image: DeviantArt (Deni-8)

Things are not what they always seem. The winds thrash about outside. The weather is not in the nicest of moods. The clouds realize this and do what they know how to do best -shed tears...the type that a jilted lover would cry, silent and sometimes disturbing. But I digress...

 A conversation between father and son made me chuckle the other day...

...First It was all talk about continents, countries and cultures, what the father and young son discussed. And with every innocent question, there was a ready answer. And on and on this went, it was like gaining knowledge from an old but wise man. And then...

"What animal would you rather be, a Lion or a Wolf?" asked the father. The young son, age wise, looked to be about 4 or 5 years old. He thought about this important question for a moment, his mind working, no doubt.

"I would be a Wolf...a great Wolf!" he said, with his excitement clearly showing. Now he transformed momentarily into one, instinctively giving a strong howl as loud as his young voice could muster.

His father looked at him. "A Wolf? What about a Lion? Why would you choose a Wolf? I would definitely be a Lion. A Lion will take out a Wolf, you know, its much bigger and faster than a Wolf."

The father talked more about the qualities of a Lion. "A Lion is definitely taking out a Wolf, it is powerful, noble, courageous, fierce, intimidating and strong...the King of the Jungle!". His eyes shone as he reeled off these characteristics.

"I would be a Wolf...a great Wolf!" the boy repeated. And this time when he faced upwards with his mouth outstretched, when he howled strongly like a Wolf...his father joined in too -and there and then a Wolf and a Lion became one.


Peace & Love*


Current Listen: James Authur -Recovery 



Post a Comment

25 Comments

  1. haha fun conversations like that with kids can lead to all kinds of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and interesting reading, sounds like something my 5 year old grandson would dream-up. That would be "him & me" howling and growling together at the end. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lesson all around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting where conversations go, isn't it? Hope you weather improves- I heard you were having a terrible storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this!
    Reminds me my talks with bff back in Prague. Oh how I miss her.
    Have a great day my dear!

    Take care,
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥
    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings....
    at such a young age he is already showing strength in his convictions, he did not let his father great talk of the lion and its prowess change his mind. Sign of a strong character.

    thanks for sharing, made me smile.
    Peace, enjoy the rest of your week.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quote! And the post! I love how kids think ! Stay Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story.
    Wish you happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your 'quote of the day'
    I did enjoy this story too, thank you.

    Hope this new week has started well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kudos to the dad for joining his son and not taking it a step further- showing respect for his son's independent thinking, and a kinship with him at the same time. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your description of the thrashing wind and lovers tears is just beautiful. i love that paragraph. I like to listen to others like you did. great story

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a new one. A lion in wolf's clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quote and will keep me inspired thru the week.. hv a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father and son enjoying their conversation and bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Blogoratti - brilliant ... what a lovely listening in conversation - such fun .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quote...interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sweet conversation and in inspiring quote for today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great story and both animals have amazing qualities. This reminded me of a night I went to a drum meeting and it was a full moon and this man came out and looked at the moon and lifted his head and howled and you guessed it I just had to..to honor the spirit of night howling for that brief moment. We both drove away with a smile on our face.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful story and I am someone who believe in the native teachings although know so little. I am like the kid-I love the wolf:) My hubby loves the lion and we get along (most of the time:))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great story. thanks for sharing
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti