No High Expectations


Quote of the day: 
In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. 
-Khalil Gibran





I was intrigued by the very act of expectations, often ignoring the obvious, thinking I could predict expectations and intentions, often bulldozing my thoughts through every moment of life.
Have you ever felt really excited about what's to come next in life? There are many experiences that have helped shape our existence, and there will always be many more. But alas, our expectations don't always agree with reality. Our sense come alive in varying ways, we observe, and perceive, and make discoveries, and in the end we eliminate that which we feel impedes our journey.

Here are some of the things that I try to stop expecting of myself.


1. Not expecting to always be right

You can be really knowledgeable in one area or aspect of life, but do not expect to always get things right. The truth is, there will be instances where nothing will feel right, where the world will seem to crumble down around you -but then that's all part of life's experiences. I've stopped expecting to always be right about certain things in life.

2. Not expecting to find a path with no obstacles

As the saying goes, 'nothing comes easy'. I've stopped expecting things to be easy, a great reminder for those moments when things actually get tough. Its all just a process, the growth of ways and emotions, through highs and lows, a mindset that helps either way.

3. Not expecting the approval of people

My opinion matters, and so does the opinion of the next person. Therefore, I don't expect that we'd ever come to an agreement on certain things, actions and behaviors. So I agree to disagree, freeing my mind from clutter, and leaving room for understanding. Not seeking the approval of people, but living anyway.

4. Not expecting peace 

On the TV and in the news its pretty much evident with all the conflict going on, that peace will always be elusive, and things will not always be right with the world. As long as ego and distrust exists, the only saving grace is for us to practice inner peace.

5. Not expecting anything

When was the last time you found yourself expecting something that either never comes or arrives too late? Expectation that goes unfulfilled brings distress. I've learned to expect nothing, but to appreciate everything in return.

Lowering your expectations of goals, relationships, and people may be effective over time. Give more, expect less, live more, worry less.


Peace. Love. Light* 


Current Listen: Elena Tonra- Took your breath away






Post a Comment

33 Comments

  1. Well those are five very excellent things that will go a long way to bring satisfaction to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's appreciate more, want less too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, good Sir it does make you appreciate the few "little things" in Life... we always expect the worst... and should it occur ...we have "braced" ourself... if it is no where as Bad as we were "expecting"... we are pleasantly relieved...
    ... A great Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wise council... it's true we are never always right and life isn't meant to be easy, it's the ob stacked that make us grow... even though it's painful. .. I've stopped expecting easy too, it doesn't exist xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up on expectations a long time ago as it always seemed to bring a let down of some sorts. Today, I just try to live in the "now". Give a little more expect a little less.

    Peace, light and love always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you said about peace. Yes, practice inner peace and you don't need to worry about outside conflict that you can't control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely write up my dear. Give more, expect less. Live more, worry less!!! That's the goal.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ChiChi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this list. I keeping promising myself that I will expect less. I keep lowering my expectations- Lower then lower then even lower, but a part of me still has high expectations-or at least the expectations that equal of what is expected of me. I'm always let down. I need to stop having these expectations altogether.

    good post

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great post. I have learned to expect the unexpected. We never know with life and people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try so hard not to get my hopes up ... to lower my expectations ... to wait and see what happens ..
    But that isn't Me. I have high hopes, I am always expecting the best and hate to wait for anything.
    So far, it hasn't been so bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very good list! I like the last, since so many folks are ultimately discouraged by setting their goals and expectations too high. No. 2 resonates the most with me, though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good list and so true. It's very hard to not expect certain things especially when it is supposed to come from those dearest to you but you are right. This was one is never truly disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always good to read your post ... your thoughts.

    I liked the words you used at the end of your post "Give more, expect less, live more, worry less."

    Hope the rest of the week goes well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This a really good list...I never wait for people's approval and it sucks not to have peace in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very inspiring post. It can be hard to let go of expectations, but stopping and letting go can free us from a lot of pressure and stress. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. High expectations = Great disappointments.
    This is a great read. And I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the quote of the day! And your post is so thought provoking. I'll be back to study it again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the quote of the day! And your post is so thought provoking. I'll be back to study it again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope your holidays are fun and festive and productive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Expectation is a root of all heartache, Shakespeare said that long time ago! ;)

    Happy Christmas Time!
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥
    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found a bunch of comments in my spam file. I guess I need to stop by that folder more! I am glad to read this post this morning though, because it is really what I needed to hear. With the holiday hubbub going on, I need to be reminded about expectations! :) Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  22. in each day's reason
    not expecting of others
    expect of yourself

    __ Best Holiday Wishes... to you all_! _m
    I expect to find
    a day's end reason

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wishing you a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent post . Happy new year to you .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Buena foto..yo nunca conseguí hacerlo..un saludo desde Murcia..Feliz año.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And when you have cleared the space. Treasure will fill it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti