Favicon / How to Add or Change the Favorites Icon


Quote of the day: 

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. -Brian Tracy


Have you ever visited a blog or website and noticed that the browser tab displays a tiny little image or photo icon (for example on my blog there's a photo followed by my blog name as seen below)? Also known as 'Favicon' or favorites icon and sometimes tab icon - they are tiny icons displayed next to the name of your website or blog usually measuring 16 x 16 pixels in size and almost every website has one form of icon or the other. The average blog on blogger for instance has the default Blogger favicon which you have the opportunity to change to whatever you want.



Favicon: A simple way to enhance a website or blog

Why bother with a favicon? Well it adds a personal touch and customization to your website or blog and enhances the overall look and feel of your brand. It is a visual reminder of your website identity. When people see your tab icon they immediately know it's you. And it is quite easy to add. If you are on Blogger or Wordpress you can see for yourself in the steps below.

Blogger



Go to your dashboard and under click on 'Layout', the Favicon edit link should be visible. Click on edit in order to configure it. Choose the file that you want to upload as your favicon. Remember that the image needs to be around 100 KB or lower in size. When done save and that's it.


Wordpress

For Wordpress users login to Wordpress admin, and click Appearance/customize/site identity.

Website

For a website simply save the favicon file to your domain or root folder of your site.

Overall if you are having issues getting your image to be the right size whether you are using Blogger or other, you can use this great favicon tool to help make it easier. All in all it is not an essential part of your website but it sure does make it a lot more visible especially if there are a lot of tabs open.


Peace. Love. Light* 




Current Listen: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader


Post a Comment

33 Comments

  1. Hello, thanks for the information. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I don't dare mess with my computer anymore. I don't think I need to worry about it much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this helpful information. I think I have it right at WP, but since I only use my Blogger account for leaving comments (and those show my photo) I don't guess I need to set it up with one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll think about this. Maybe I should have a personalized favicon.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. I am now educated about favicons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never updated mine, when I decided upon using my ogre Morgan as my image everywhere. So now my icon is updated, but doesn't really matter. Too small to discern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had not considered doing that. I'll have to find an image. I have no idea what, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent information, I added mine a long time ago and have not been sorry, like you said it identifies your blog as you and not just another blogger icon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I changed mine from a yellow aster blossom to a blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I'm adding this project to my list of Things To Do Someday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned about favicons when they first came out because I wanted to get rid of that annoying "B" on my blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for those tips, and Happy Wednesday! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice... Been looking for a way to change mine but no success! Will try this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the info on this, I have seen the favicon but never thought about changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very good quote, one I struggle with since so long. But sometimes I manage and it sure is a good feeling then that moment.
    Oh, yes, that Blogger-B annoyed me, too, a slice of Pizza ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I love my little pup in my favicon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just changed my favicon last week, but apparently only certain browsers can see it?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A helpful little tidbit to help others!

    Peace, light and love always

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Blogoratti - I suspect I just left mine as the B for Blogger as it's easier! But one day perhaps I'll garner in a Favicon just for me ... but great information - thanks ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the interesting post! Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting. I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice one. And I love me some Miles. Thanks.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grand as ever, "B" _!
    __ To the quote: They that try, sometimes fail; they that never try, always fail. _m

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the into, and just another thing I should look into myself...son as I get more time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not sure what all this means, friend B ... I think me better leave this place ... Wishin U very well in Ur future endenevours, ok? ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have tried and my layout page shows the favicon in place but it's not there!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post is very interesting and helpful. Thank you to share it with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti