When In Doubt Think About Your Accomplishments


Quote of the day: 

Never let hard lessons harden your heart; the hard lessons of life are meant to make you better, not bitter. -Roy T. Bennett





Do you ever stop to ponder on this journey called life and the triumphs and setbacks that go with it? I have. Many times I have pondered on my odyssey to find purpose, truth and knowledge. And along the way when lost the trip leads to other pathways -purpose gets replaced by weakness, truth by falsity, knowledge by ignorance. Finding the way and getting back on track takes time and energy which would have been used in the original pursuit. Familiarity enhances openness but a lack of it breeds restriction.

And when I ponder on life a reoccurring theme forms like medieval stained glass in a cathedral, a rainbow of colours representing different events in life. And each thought leads back to one:

"At each point in life when nothing seems perfect, there's always someone around the corner to remind us that perfection isn't everything." 

Think back to the times when you were almost down and out and with no ounce of hope left in you, who was it that helped you out of your situation? Who was it who gave you some talking to, and who was there for you when you most needed someone? Surely you have come across such people, some you will remember and some you probably won't. And what did you do when you were back to your normal self and standing on your own two feet, didn't you think of ways to pay it forward, to be the person that everyone close to you could count on for help or advise?

You may not know it but you may have helped someone who will forever remain grateful, who may not remember who you are or even know you personally, and you may have offered words of comfort or advise to many others and the impact of your actions may never be fully revealed to you. The same can be said about how we have been affected by the kindness of others through the years. It is this thought that we should always hold on to and never forget.

Life is all about helping and being helped as no one is an island. Thinking you don't require any help or knowledge tears you from your purpose and path. The next time you find yourself almost feeling inadequate or overwhelmed with life, just sit, take a deep breath, and mull over life, reflect and examine where you are and the journey that has brought you thus far.




Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Memphis Slim - Nobody Loves Me


Post a Comment

44 Comments

  1. We all do need help and can help others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, wise words and thoughts. Life is not perfect and we all learn and grow as we go along. I agree, We all need to help each other. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment I have too much help. Help from some going in one direction, help from others suggesting the other path and I have no idea what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good message. Thanks.

    Love your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words my friend, we do all need one another, and at some time or another are called on to help, give advice, or just be a shoulder to cry on. And other times we are the one needing help. We all are here to lean on and help one another, this is what makes our world so great.

    Thank you for your message this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in kindness and the idea that what goes around comes around but in my lowest moments I found that the only person I could truly call upon was myself - my conscience, the other me inside that burns like a flame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely comment for this lovely blog entry ... thank you ... Always, cat.

      Delete
  7. I agree with you 100 percent. we all need to give and accept help. accepting help is a talent, some just can't do it.. I know I have been helped and I do try to pay help forward. we never know how much a kind word or deed can help someone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and photo ~ very contemplative and enlightened ^_^

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe in never taking more than you give, in treating others as you want to be treated, and always being humble and kind. You may never know what a kind word or a smile does for another person :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hari OM
    These are the kinds of words I like to read - and then there is the practice!
    Blessings, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. First you made me count my blessings. Then I felt remorse because I have probably not done my share in doing for others. Then I missed my father. He was my go-to person when I needed a kind word and a boost. He has been dead now for half my life but I still miss him every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lessons learned many times over, friend B ... and still learning ... Thank you ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wise words, indeed, and I absolutely loved the quote at the beginning. Better, not bitter. Yes, that's spot on!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good words to remember. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precioso comentario con el que estoy totalmente de acuerdo, no podemos dejarnos llevar nunca por la amargura. Muchas también para ti. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This makes me think of an essay entitled "Pontifex" (bridge builder) in the book The Hungering Dark by Frederick Buechner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe the support and inspiration we need in life is around us if we but open our eyes. Kindness is always my go to position!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many lessons....you can either become better or bitter! Love that quote and love the thought of how helping one another through difficulties can be passed forward. Kindness is like a pebble thrown in a pond - always rippling outward. Lovely post. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was deep. The key to me is in learning every day as if you have never learnt anything before whilst using your life experience to apply what you learn effectively :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is an amazing journey, and we are given so many gifts as we travel. Looking back, one can see how one thing leads to another..........a most amazing journey. Loved this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great advice, most needed when confronting the unknown!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have given me a beautiful message that I needed to hear today.

    Peace, light and love always

    ReplyDelete
  24. So good to help people when one can, it's a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is why it is always worth trying to do good. And it can be fun to help people too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another powerful message! I do believe that we're all put on earth to provide service to others. Hope your day is amazing! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kindness, helping others is one of strengths of humankind, but oft sadly lacking in our present selfish society, in which its goal appears to be that of me me me.
    I also believe in the truth of Yorkshire Puddings comment. Often we can only rely on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally uplifting post! Love it.

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great post - very encouraging message.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very true indeed, we have done many a thing and have to keep learning and moving ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Life is like living inside a pinball machine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the interesting post dear) Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I certainly hope I've been on the giving end more than the needy end, but I am truly grateful for those who've hoisted me out of the more when I've been as low as I could go...

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is a good thing to try and help others when you can and sometimes the tiniest gesture can mean so much. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for the reminder, it is just what I needed today:-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. We all or almost all need support of some kind. Some people need a little and some need a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are many right thoughts Blogoratti. I have helped and some people helped me too. I'm thankful them.

    ReplyDelete
  38. As usual very interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti