Musings of mine: Rambling Mind on This and That #16


Quote of the day: 

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. 
-Jules Renard





1. The End is Near

"Prime now offers 2-hour delivery on thousands of everyday essentials" screamed the email subject from Amazon. And for a moment everything stopped. You see I checked. The clock on the wall froze,  people stood still, and birds too in mid-flight. Nothing moved in my mannequin world. But my mind exploded with the possibilities from such an offer. Same day delivery, err still manageable. Next day delivery now seemed like vintage technology. And 3-5 day delivery? Certainly stuff for the stone age. What could be so urgent, so essential and compelling that I would need to have delivered in two hours? I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about this, and I still don't have an answer. What next, instant delivery? As soon as you click on purchase your package, is automatically dropped outside your door. You laugh, but you watch.


2. To Go, Or Not to Go

Have you ever received an invitation that you immediately knew you'd rather not attend? How do you decline without feelings being hurt? Would you rather attend the event just to make everyone happy, everyone except yourself? Or would you brave it by attending only to leave as early as possible? How do you then navigate the thorny corridor of expectations without appearing to be rude or down right insensitive knowing fully well that by not attending you'd be blacklisted. Say goodbye to future invitations that's for sure. William Shakespeare had the idea in Hamlet with the popular line "To be, or not to be, that is the question", but I believe in this present day - to go, or not to go, that is the question.
However, all hope is not lost. According to TimeOut magazine, if you are wondering how to escape a terrible Christmas party without offending the host, you could wear a simple outfit so no one will notice you are missing, or go round and talk to everyone at the party so they will remember you did show up -and then proceed to slip out a window or backdoor. My personal favourite? Tip over a punch bowl over yourself, make a big show of it and whilst pretending to go clean up, take off into the night.


3. What Goes Up Stays There

Who doesn't like a good old riddle to exercise the mind. However there is this elusive riddle that remains unsolved and what better place to disclose it than here. Now is it just me or are supermarket products getting smaller? In the past the products got smaller but the price stayed the same. But what do we have now? Supermarkets increasing their product prices sneakingly, that's what. You are standing there with a kiwi fruit packet scratching your head and thinking didn't they use to sell for half the current price last week? And don't get me started on baked beans, box of cereal, peanut butter and biscuits. Of course the supermarkets blame it all on the economy.


4. Make Paradise

Life always changes. Sometimes we are part of the change, sometimes we aren't. But nothing stays the same. Your present form is different from how you were a year ago, physically, mentally or otherwise. Each new day is an opportunity to re-create yourself, learn something new, do something different, and smile just be cause you can. Life is really simple depending on your perspective. Are you standing at the foot of a mountain lamenting the lack of a decent view, or are you making a slow and steady climb to the top, against all odds, against naysayers, and against your self doubt. Surrounded by tall trees and difficulties only to finally reach the peak and oh my what a reward well worth the journey -a picture of paradise.



Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Clarence Henry -Ain't got no home

Post a Comment

33 Comments

  1. I have opinions on several of these topics, but will just stick to one.... As one who is fairly anti-social at heart, I learned long ago to just say thank you for the invitation, but I cannot attend. Period. If they press for a reason, then they're the one being rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to go. That is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when deliveries took 6 - 8 weeks.
    I have learned to say no. I just say, sorry I can't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of much that I would need two hours after I ordered it, but I can think of things I would want to arrive that soon :) I have a hard time saying no, but just politely declining an invitation is how I handle it. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying visiting your blog here lately as i'am a new follower... You visited and left a comment on mine not too long ago.. i hope you will visit again. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a remote area. Two day delivery is a wonderful thing. Two hours probably won't happen.
    If I am invited I simply say that I have other plans. The plans might be an evening with the TV or a good book. It is not necessary to elaborate.
    The products get smaller, more expensive, and the stores get larger.
    I have definitely changed. I am certainly more content with myself and my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting opinions.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always the busy excuse. "I can't possibly attend because I'm already committed to *mumblemumble*..."

    When I'm sick, sometimes I really want some juice or cold medication. That would be wonderful to have delivered in 2 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two hour delivery time? Are they serious? Wow!
    And going to parties is not something I relish. I hate small talk, for one thing; I usually just politely decline.
    Yes, I'll keep climbing that mountain because I know the view is one of a kind.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quote. Enjoyed today's musings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve your Make Paradise thoughts. So true. I live in paradise in Mexico on the Caribbean coast and life is anything but boring here. Changes in life all the time. Thanks for your comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I speak up when I don’t want to attend an event. No second thoughts or regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry, but I did laugh about all these questions about prime two-hour delivery. But you do have a point! Great post as usual, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All interesting topics. To go or not to go - depends.
    Lovely scene in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I love the pretty scene, quote and photo. I agree prices go and never come back down, especially on food. They trick us with smaller packages and higher prices. I am not much of a party person and have no trouble saying I can not make it. Great post, thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, if you need something in two hours, it is generally a store item. Plenty of invites i avoided at my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems to me with most invitations, I kinda wanna go and kinda wanna stay home too. It is a problem

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am a person who is a part in my life ... where i wanna take a leap ...but not quite sure where to head?! i am a bit shy to just jump. i'll do something soon. love your mind. keep thinking. thanks for your visit. hope you are great. rainy & cold (at least it is not snowing 'cause that would mean no going out, not cool for driving that is.) here in our world. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, that's right, always shops are increasing their product prices before Christmas and people are buying anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol @ #2!
    Love the quote too.

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks really interesting! As usual great post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks a lot :D

    nice reflection my friend

    NEW GET THE LOOK POST | NEW EDGY?! OF COURSE, IS THE NEW CHIC!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. That quote is so on point, and I love the suggestions on how to get out of an event or party. So fun! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved that final paragraph and the points you made, so true! Also, that's such a good quote for this time of year as well. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  25. ahahaah!!! The 1st quote is so true! XD
    Anyway I'd try to found a way to not to go to a party I don't wanto to: I mean, kindly, politely, maybe inventing an excuse... but no thanx!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  26. All great subjects for conversation. The invitation subject has been a slippery subject
    for me, of late. Especially the dinner invitations are the ones I find to be a problem.
    I try to say "no thank you to those."The short cocktail type party I may drop in for
    a short time..... leave early but I've never tried spilling the whole punch bowl on me,
    but it sounds like a "good idea."
    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  27. I find it odd enough you can get fresh food delivered. I still want to pick it myself. Then I have it instantly, too.
    The punch bowl-trick sure is only for brave people :-)
    Every our bread from a real bakery has gotten smaller - and more expensive.
    I start to make the climb soon...

    ReplyDelete
  28. a lovely and beautiful place. Must be interesting to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. #4 is wonderful - thank you.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti