The Importance of Life's Circumstances


Quote of the day: 
Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


First it was our birth, that instance when we were introduced to the world, naked and vulnerable (whatever happened to our vulnerability?). It is in this instance, this occasion of sorts that we placed our well being into the hands of our parents or guardians as the case may be. Now we've all aged, and that memory of our creation is long forgotten.

How our circumstances have changed. How distant the ticking clocks, and the hour glass measuring the passage of time. No matter what our fortune may be, we remain insatiable, shaped by life's circumstances -'we create our fate everyday we live', according to Henry Miller. How important are life's circumstances? Our age, gender, success, failure, education, race, relationships and so on...how did all these things have a bearing on our senses, shaping us into who we are today? It is indeed worthy to reflect on.

There are always circumstances. Good ones and bad ones. They come and go. They help to shape us, carve us even, and even though our way of life may no longer be innocent or pristine, even though we've fought thousands of battles and have become weary...in the end all that we've fought for and lived for may turn out to be worthless -if we didn't learn anything along the way.

One can never fully comprehend the role played by individual circumstances, and particular incidents or occurrences. It is never ending, these circumstances. They appear, old ones and new ones alike in different vertical and horizontal forms. Various shapes and angles. One must always strive to rise above the circumstances of life.



Peace & Love*


Current Listen: Coldplay -Hymns For The Weekend





Post a Comment

34 Comments

  1. Very true !
    This post is awesome ... Thoughtful ! Means a lot ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food for thought, thank you.

    I am blessed in that there weren't many (or any real tough) battles to be fought in my life: I was born to loving parents and grew up with their love and that of my grandparents around me, in a country that is still one of the most affluent and politically stable in the world, where a girl has the same chances to go through school and find a job as a boy, where women are not forced under burkas and into marriages.
    So, not many averse circumstances here I need to rise above. And I am very grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment. stay amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for blessing us with this wonderful piece..do have a lovely day out there.

    New reports reveals that Bin Laden was inspired by Egyptian captain who crashed jet into sea in 1999..click my profile to read report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! Love the quote and post!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always find the idea fascinating how people interact like dominoes, and how many of our circumstances are part of that domino effect. Nice post today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your quote is awesome and your words of wisdom touching on life is right on point. Have a super week! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your quote is awesome and your words of wisdom touching on life is right on point. Have a super week! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing

    http://www.styleofzion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is amazing to me that even as I get older how much I am still learning from the circumstances in my life, things about the world, people and even myself. I guess when I stop learning, that will be the end. Our response to circumstances is most telling I think. This is where there has been the most learning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words ring so very true as the time passes by. I must say I've learned an awful lot thru my battles and life experiences. They did indeed shape me. Thoughtful words for us all on this day to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let us strive to be overcomers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let us strive to be overcomers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, and very true. Even though we know "this too shall pass" we do get caught up in the ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a truth speaker, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As I fell asleep last night it was the words, "remembering the leaves of summer, in winter," that I had on my mind. Your piece reminds me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "And how the little green leaves were singing their summer song."

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed reading this. That's such a great view on life. It's fascinating how these circumstances shape our lives, from the very first moment...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is so true this post and our way of thinking is a big part of our circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another thought-provoking blog from you! Very wise words !

    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Each one sure makes us who we are, even the crap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your final sentence says it all: "One must always strive to rise above the circumstances of life."

    ReplyDelete
  23. Postagem maravillhosa
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Meu vídeo:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP6eHn5PlI

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for reminding me that the tough times have made me what I am. And that what I am can cope with the tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i agree. what is rough & tough in life makes us who we are, love that. i think it makes you think you need to remember that we all have our different shoes we are walking in ... that we never know what has gone on, be more compassionate and think before jumping to any conclusions. so true. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am trying my best to rise from my present circumstances :) Good words and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Circumstances are definitely something to think about. The tough times definitely shape us and how we deal with them makes us who we are. Great post!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  28. super love this!!
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. super love this!!
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti