4 Ways to Share Your Blog With The World


Quote of the day: 

We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth. -Virginia Satir


A working space


When you think of it we all are content creators whether you have a blog or website. What some people get paid to do, that is, journalists and professionals, with all the time and resources at their disposal, we on the other hand create time our of our busy schedules to think of ideas, research where necessary and take photos, all to add to a post to publish. The very beauty of blogging is that most people do it because they love to share their time, skills, and passion to the world. Blogging is an escape of sorts and a close knit community where everyone is looking after each other.

In the real world, it would amount to bloggers getting notified and coming over to your house to check out a new sofa you have bought. Sofa, being a new post. Each individual looks it over, commenting on this and that, and they eventually leave. On the flip side, you will also visit their home (blog) and discuss their new post. It all seems lovely, no?

On to today's post. When you finish publishing a new post, do you share it elsewhere on social media for instance?. I know bloggers have different processes, some just publish and it ends there, while others tend to share elsewhere. For me, I make use of social media tools like Twitter, and Google+. And more recently, Bloglovin and Facebook. The idea is to not only share on various platforms, but also to interact with new people and connect with other bloggers.


1. Google+



As uninteresting as it sounds, Google Plus is actually a great social media platform. With millions of users and thousands of communities it offers an ideal way to further share your content. You can basically search for any topic you can think of or just scroll through the recommended communities. Search displays a ton of related communities which you can join or ask to join depending on the community rules put in place by the moderator(s). The good thing is that many allow content to be posted and shared -which you can link back to your blog or website.

But the best thing about Google+ is it allows you to have a following, and also follow other interesting people. This is called a circle. You can choose what to share and with whom to share on Google+. And you can connect your blog to Google+, enabling your new posts to automatically appear on your public profile page.

The only downside is that you must have a gmail account to access Google+. What I have also seen are some blogs where their comment section has been restricted to Google+ users only. This is limiting, as only a visitor with a Google Mail account can leave a comment. But as far as Google + goes, if you don't have a Google mail account you may have to create one in order to access this service. The benefits far outstrip this little inconvenience. Here is a resource link to get you started -if you haven't already.


2. Twitter



Twitter is another great place to share and promote your latest blog post to your followers. The post can be linked back to your blog further engaging with visitors. If you don't have an account, its pretty easy to set, just a few clicks and you are good to go. As with all things, moderation is the key when tweeting links. However, it is not all about just posting links or sharing content, you can also interact with followers from time to time. You can also add your blog or website link to your bio. Lastly, you can also put your twitter content on your blog or website. When signed in, go to the twitter widget settings to get things started.


3. Facebook

Facebook has just recently surpassed the 2 Billion monthly users mark. That is a tremendous milestone indeed. So what better way is there than to share your content on the biggest online platform?. I have only just started using the 'Page' tool. You create your own page for your brand and basically just share content, invite users, and monitor the insights with the tools provided by Facebook. On the other hand, if you don't want to create a page, you can just post directly to your main Facebook profile. And you can even link your blog to Facebook and have new posts appear on your profile page.


4. Bloglovin'

Bloglovin' home page -Blogoratti

This is a platform that allows you to discover new blogs or follow your favourite ones. After you are all signed up -which is very easy, you can then go about searching for blogs by topic, and you can even link your blog to the platform, and have all your latest posts appear there and easily accessible by anyone searching for a particular topic or content. I have not used this service for long, but it appears to be a great way of connecting with known bloggers and discovering blogs similar to yours. On the right hand side of my page, I have included my Bloglovin' icon for easy following.

Lastly, this is by no means a comprehensive list. These are just the four main platforms that I use at the moment and thought to share. If you are new to any of these, it can be hard to wrap your mind around initially. You will have to learn as time goes by.

These platforms offer a chance to share your ideas and passion, grow your readership while interacting with more people than ever before -but only if you want to take that chance.



Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Kenny Barron - Fungii Mama





Post a Comment

43 Comments

  1. I do connect with facebook. I like to interact with the people on my blog and I don't want it to turn into a job. The way I do it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did have more followers in the beginning of my bloggy days, a lot of the folks who were my buds have quit blogging. it is so tough, ... but i don't have tons of time to spend with commenting and trying to keep up with it all .. some days i have more time than others ... it is so rough. i have tons more followers on twitter. not sure how that happened .. but i can so it has been a hell of a lot of work for me ... but i wouldn't take any of it away. i just wish it was a bit simpler or easier ... it takes time. lots of time and energy. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blogoratti :) Honestly I don't care much about the number of followers...the people who comment on my blog are always so sweet, so that's all that matters! :) But I know from being on Blogger that the best way to find followers is to follow and comments on blogs that you have interest in. That way you'll have like-minded people who comment and that you can interact with. I guess some people are more interested in numbers but for me, it's the actual people that give me a happy feeling. :) I don't do any of the platforms you've mentioned...too much social media for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am of the same opinion as the ones expressed by the above commentators. It is great if you want to interact with thousands of people and make a full-time job out it. Personally, I am happy with the little group I have which was recently increased with bloggers like yourself who have very interesting things to say as well. My posts can now be translated. They are written in Portuguese.

    However, I do appreciate your information, and who knows if I will adhere to them down the road...

    Regards

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often connect with Google+ and/or Facebook. I have different followers on each. Blogger is mine personally where I connect with other artists and women, Google+ is me and my hubby where we don't really have followers but know others who are there, and FB is my hubby's site which is mostly our family and friends. It's really diverse this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a gmail account, but have never set up the google+, nor do I use FB. Bloglovin' is the reader I use for keeping track of all the blogs I follow (yours included!). The only place I share my posts is on Twitter and that's only for my regular blog. (I also keep a faith blog)

    As a few others have said, I have a fairly small following and just as few that I follow in return. My blog is my "happy place" where I can get away from the real world when I wish to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a small following that I really appreciate, I'm not connected through any of the social media formats although I just signed up with bloglovin, will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great information. I just use Twitter and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to find a topic that interests me, write about it with a couple of photos and then post it on my blog. And if I get some comments then I am happy! I have no time for facebook or twitter or all those other social media platforms, I have other things to keep me busy! I like to check on the bloggers on my list, and they check on me.... it's as simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since putting my blog link on facebook my pageviews have increase by 20 %
    Im such a whore

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your choice of quote; and I can see how there's truth in it! On a different note, I love using Twitter - it's a great tool for both promotion and general entertainment :)

    aglassofice.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I share mine on Facebook. Nice of you to stop by. It is a job to share my blog so I don't do it much. My handful of people who read it is

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep my posts only on my blog and I even restrict web crawler from finding it. My kids are nervous with my being out in cyberspace. I have a Facebook account but rarely post there at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take all those hugs, thank you very much. What a great quote! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of those mentioned above I use Twitter and Bloglovin'. I also have Feedly and GoodReads. I love the opening quote!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are all good suggestions for increasing the number of viewers. Finding blogs that interest you and commenting on them is also a way. They might only visit once but at least they stop to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many wonderful ways to connect! I do all except Twitter, but mostly connect through my Blogger platform. I blog just for the fun of connecting with like-minded people and to keep in touch with far-away friends and family. With blogging, I get to 'travel' around the world, and learn so many new things. I have found the best way to meet new blogging friends is to visit other blogs. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blessings
    I share on Google plus, sometimes Twitter (www.twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix) Facebook page, and Tumblr. I deleted my blogliv a while back. I found it redundant

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANKS FOR THIS I HAD TO REVISIT MY GOOGLE PLUS. I ALSO FEEL I DON'T ALWAYS HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO FOLLOW EVERY BLOG AM INTERESTED IN AND COMMENT ON THEM ALL. BLOGGING IS A FULL TIME JOB REALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use Twitter and Facebook a lot to share my blog posts, starting to incorporate Instagram as well. I've never thought of using Google Plus, might try it in the future! xx

    Coco Bella Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don´t loke GOOGLE+ as they forced me to be a member. I don´t use it and never will,the place is the worst gossipper ever. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me vuelvo loco con tanta información,,un saludo desde Murcia....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just publish to my blog and lately instagram

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've used Twitter a bit, but blah to Google + hate that almost as much as Facebook. I just comment away, works for my bay.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't subscribe to Facebook, Instagram or anything else and Google+ has been a confusing puzzle to me ever since it appeared. Consequently, I don't promote my blog at all. It stands alone. However, I found this post interesting to read and thanks for putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just like blogging and don't do face book or anything else and I feel the same as Yorkshire Pudding about Google+.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I got away from using google+. Can't tell you why. I maybe-should give it another try. I had gotten a bit of a following. I think the interaction just wasn't as convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's just Facebook and Blogspot for me but I hate Facebook 😀

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok another curmudgeon here who sticks with the old tried and true eblog. Google plus was a muddle to me when I looked at it. On the plus side when it come to politics and not "social media" I'm the ultimate progressive...:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. In my work blog, I use Facebook and Twitter, in my personal blog (this one) I only use Google Plus because some blogs are easier to post to via that platform than blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very informative post ~ social media is good and I agree with most of your post but not with G+ ~ they are making themselves exclusive and forcing people to have a gmail account ~ I would prefer more inclusion ~ allowing others to comment ~ will rethink this again ~ thanks, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing. I particularly love the introductory quote.

    ReplyDelete
  34. An interesting post and good to read.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the information, I am using some of the platforms, but I'm wary of G+ as I've been told it tends to change the image accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't use Google+ as much as I should- but I do use it. I find FB is the easiest- though I know I reach the least number of people using it because of their algorithm. I use Twitter regularly, but I don't find it as easy as FB. But- so far it seems like one of the best ways to read people.

    Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have to say that I'm not on any of these sites. I love blogging because I can share pictures I take, and I like the interaction with other bloggers that have similar interests. So many talented bloggers out there and have met some wonderful people.

    This quote of the day is delightful. My dad was a hugger, and now I am as well. : ) I like it so much that I will pass it on to my kids, thank you.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for a very informative post, Mr. B. Like sommanynothers who have commented, I am also not on any of the popular social media, like FB or Twitter,mwhich is okay with me. I enjoy doing my blog and reading comments as well as reading other blogs. Time however can be in short supply at times, so while attracting new readers is an attractive thought, it's not always practical..

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't know google+ is so great!
    Thank you for sharing the information :)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just use my blog. Love the hug quote!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great tips ! This post is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Blogoratti - thanks for these ideas ... G+ I'm not keen on ... and I don't do FB or Twitter - no doubt I will. Then I use Feedly (not Bloglovin) - not sure of the difference between the two ..cheers Hilary

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti