Thoughts on Fear and Failure


Quote of the day: 
And the things that we fear are a weapon to be held against us. -Ian Rush



It used to be that one of my worst fears was that of failure. The inability to capture things as they are, to try and not make any headway, to start something and not finish it, to fall short every time that I aspired for something. This used to be a definite fear of mine while growing up. In school, it was the fear of failing exams after studying hard, and a thousand and one other fears of failure. Looking back now, its easy to see that failure can often be a learning process.

History consists of those who failed before they succeeded. Of men and women who toiled over and over again, who subjected themselves to the elements, and had to contend with social rules and expectations. They kept going nonetheless. Like a car with worn out tyres, nothing could stop their determination. Now its clear to see that there is nothing wrong with failing. We live and adapt to things around us, we each have personal pursuits but will only accomplish a handful if the fear of failure stands in the way.

The frustration of letting yourself down, and others can certainly knock the wind out of you, and we've all experienced that feeling at some point. In the end it all comes down to how you manage your emotions, with the people around you, with life itself. Knowing that its fine to fail, to retry and adapt, to quit and start all over...rebuilding yourself piece by piece.

The universe is filled with constant energy. Roving and mingling with everything. It is right inside of us too. And awakening to this fact, realizing the effects of the human mind, how far imaginations can go, how swift our inadequacies and accomplishments take form. In life we undergo many tests. And when you learn from these failures, you have not really lost anything in the end. And that is indeed a beautiful thing.



Peace. Love. Light* 




Current Listen: Stevie Wonder -Superstition 

Post a Comment

33 Comments

  1. I am constantly telling my kids that the only failure is not trying. Einstein always said he wasn't smarter than anyone else he just never gave up trying.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m not sure I experience that kind of fear. Fear is somehow more like hesitating to me. Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feared failure too. But when I had to face it, I overcame it and now I am a better person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im loving your thoughts and insights dear.
    Such amazing words.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote by Ian Rush. Fear cripples us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ótima postagem
    Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like someone once said, if you're not failing at something, you're not trying hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought provoking. I used to have a fear of failing but failing who? I have failed exams so I have failed the exam board but on reflection - I haven't failed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully stated, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. The older I get the more I think failures are just wrong paths we take. Usually when I fail at something it's because there is something different (often better) around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate failing, but I do it constantly. I try 2 just let pass & keep on trucking, at times I give myself a down day but not for long! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely fear of failure can be a deterrent, your view on it is well put and thought provoking, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fear of "Failure" is one of my Biggest ...
    Fear of "people" is one that we cannot overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a young child i always saw myself as a failure and i have this crazy habit of not finishing what i start.. The truth is i get to scared of failure because of what people would think or say about me...

    I have been stalking your blog for a while now. First time commenting

    www.deveinmesite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Failure is always a learning process. Sometimes we don't just want to acknowledge this fact.
    www.effortlesslady.co

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks dear :D

    Wooow, so strong words!! Keep it up :D

    NEW WOMAN TREND POST | Off The Shoulders.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you fail, just start again and try a bit harder. Failure is a learning curve, they make us stronger, sometimes even wiser. Great writing. Thx for sharing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many fears...I hope you have conqured most of them...fear can stop you from so many things...sometimes you don't realize you are afraid until after, and you might say, boy, that was scary...and dangerous, I don't think I will do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The important thing is always to try and do your best.

    We can learn from mistakes, we can learn from past experiences ... then we go forward.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/2016/04/re-styling.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. You don't move forward without some failures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to cry every time I failed at something. Now I know that not everything will go the way I want them to. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for visiting my post, i was led here. That's a good read, keep writing, keep blogging as there is always a soul that needs things like these. Light & love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for visiting my post, i was led here. That's a good read, keep writing, keep blogging as there is always a soul that needs things like these. Light & love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for writing from your heart. If we don't learn from our failures, we haven't discovered the true purpose for them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post is really thought provoking... I quite enjoy conversations about fear... as well as the role of emotion and energy within the universe.


    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀
    Today's Post: White + Blue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your words flow like silk, and this is a special message, indeed.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti