What Kind of Animal Are You Most Likely To Be?


Quote of the day: 

Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits. -William Hazlitt 



A photo of two Magpies on a rooftop



If you had the choice to come back to this life as an animal which one would you be? A magpie (seen above), a dog, a dolphin, or a cat? This particular question appears to be a favourite with hiring managers, a sort of curve ball to reveal more about your character and thought process. It's humorous to think about and obviously your choice of animal would have to have positive qualities that could be easily translated into the job function. Luckily this post is not about bizarre interview questions or managers. However, there exists an interesting online 'animal in you' personality quiz that reveals what animal you are. Turns out I'm a penguin with characteristics such as being witty, meticulous, intelligent, dual-natured, inscrutable and self-conscious. Who doesn't like a good old penguin. It's certainly an interesting test.

Speaking of animals here are a few from my Instagram page to help you in your decision making.

1. Squirrel. There are certain types of animals that you just can't avoid seeing or running into. And it is no other than squirrels -mostly grey and some red in colour. If they are not screaming at night, they can be found running through trees, gardens and parks looking for their next meal. With an estimated population of 2.5 million in the UK, grey squirrels can't be missed. Squirrels are great planners and store food ahead of winter months. They are also trusting animals and will trust you enough to eat out of your hands.



2.  Wood Pigeon. By far the UK's largest and commonest pigeon is the Wood Pigeon. It is grey with a white neck patch, often tame and approachable. They eat crops like peas and grains, seeds and nuts. Although people always try to feed them with bread and whatnot. Pigeons are very intelligent and are renowned for their hearing and navigational skills.




3.  Black Bird. These are found literally everywhere from gardens to the countryside. Blackbird is a songbird belonging to the family of thrushes, and an omnivore eating both plant and meat. With their bright yellow beaks and mellow songs they are quite distinguishable, as the male tends to be black and the female brown in colour. Male blackbirds establish territories during their first year which they will hold throughout their lives.



So what animal would you rather be?


Peace. Love. Light* 



Current Listen: Louis Armstrong - La vie en rose


Post a Comment

51 Comments

  1. I am not sure I would like to come back as an animal, as most animals are not treated very well here unfortunately. But flying seems to give a lot of freedom. let's say a black bird! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand your perspective, as even humans are not treated fairly either. Sad to think about isn't it?

      Delete
  2. This is a question I've pondered over the years, so if I came back as any animal, it would be a lion or a cat. Something about them has always fascinated me. I've never really thought about flying, but it could be cool. Great post and happy Tuesday to you! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good choice no doubt about that, and how cool that would be. Many thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. According to the quiz, I'm a porcupine.Cute but prickly. Must be because I haven't had my first cuppa :-D If I could pick my reincarnation animal, I'd come back as a cat in a good family. Who wouldn't want a life of eat, nap, play a little, and repeat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, who wouldn't want that -eating and sleeping at will. I envy you. Warm greetings.

      Delete
  4. I think I might like to be an eagle, floating in the sky on air currents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably go with a cat, but a spoiled rotten dog wouldn't be far off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I was a German Shepherd in a previous life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think life might be pretty good for a mockingbird. They can fly when they want, sing a sweet song, and be crabby if life doesn't suit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An eagle. Soaring on the updrafts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating. Would love to be a bird, a bar headed goose that flies over the Himalayas during migration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would most certainly would not want to come back as any kind of animal. Humans are not kind to animals, they hunt them, and kill them for fun. This is not the world I would choose. I hope this the last time I will come and I hope when I die I will feed the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I love the red quirrels - but being one would be horrible as I´m afraid of heights... Funny idea to come back at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely an animal that can fly. Ha!!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear! That is a difficult question. Let me think... I would like to have exceptional navigational skills... turning into a pigeon would mean dealing with heights which is not my forte when I am not in a plane...

    I have to ponder about this one. Will let you know!! : )))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I took the test and I am a hippo Hippo Characteristics
    Large size Helpful Independent Honest Emotional Unpredictable and I really am all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay. I took he test. Dear me... I "am" an otter! They are petite, I am average. We definitely have something in common: "they love to eat and have a predictable penchant for sushi!" Right on!!

    This was fun, B !

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, I took the quiz and I am a BAT. I knew it would have to be something that flys. But, I fly a bit awkwardly. Funny thing is it says I do best at night and I was a night nurse for years. I was laughing the whole time I was reading the profile of a bat person. Watch out "I'm Batwoman."

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to be a robin - as they enjoy company and are always up and about. Actually a blackbird - I need to be able to sing though and have some chance being a blackbird. Then a swallow - as I like to travel and dream of far away places ... a bird who can fly - thank you ... and sing ... and travel - however it seems I'm a beaver ... oh well - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am partial to sparrows for their song and defense of their nests. Love those little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that quote and I would like to come back as any family pet in my family. We're all animal lovers and we all pamper our furry family members. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always think of myself as a wolf but I imagine I'm more of a possum

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post ! Dogs are my favorite animal :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I took the test after I read your post. I too am a penguin. I had a hard time choosing which animal I wish to be because there are attractive features in many different animals. Enlightening post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun post and lovely photos ~ love all of them ~ Me ~ I can identify with my dog ~ petite, yet feisty when needed ~ Happy Week to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. The quiz was fun, but I don't think it quite interpreted my animal "other." I'm a bat, yet definitely NOT a nocturnal person whatsoever. I do have a special love for squirrels, and so enjoyed the photograph you featured here.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting post! I am not sure I would like to come back as an animal

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha! Well the quiz said I'm a Mole. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not! Of the four things listed, I'd probably pick being a dog... as long as I belonged to the right person.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not sure just "what" animal... but not a bird...
    a pleasant day to you good Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It wont surprise you but i am a bear

    ReplyDelete
  29. What animal would I rather be? Depends on my mood, I guess. The quiz told me I was a beaver. I doubt that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would probably come back as a doe. It's a scary possibility though, to be hunted by coyotes and humans...but the doe is free, she's nimble and so at ease in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think I would like to be a bird, if for nothing but the ease of travel....anywhere I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to fly away! Lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. When I first read the tittle I chose the otter. Noe I choose the Black Bird. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think I am most like a dog or maybe certain house cats. But if I came back I might think about being an eagle and being a little more majestic or a giraffe so I could taller. :) Nice question and post.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd like to be a lovable, loyal dog who is loved by a nice woman like me, who takes good care of her animal friends. If I can't be a dog, then I want to be a magic dragon who fights evil and protects good people.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  36. A fun post - love the photos and reading about their attributes. Oh, I am sure I would want to be a horse, owned by a loving little girl. We could explore the countryside together! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ooh, wrong day to ask. I wouldn't come back unless I had a guarantee that the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  38. If I have to choose, it would be definitely wolf.

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think I'd like to be a tree frog, but with enough brains to stay out of door sills.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Squirrels, birds? Are those the only choices? I'd be a tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Well, the hummingbird is a dear bird to me. It is beautiful, always in motion when in air, which displays perseverance, and just a gem of a bird. : )

    A fun and clever post, friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Do connect with me on my other platforms below.

e: blogoratti@gmail.com
twitter: Iamblogoratti
Instagram: Iamblogoratti